Saturday 8 October 2016

Another change of handlebars but this time on my......

Raleigh XC which I normally used as a winter bike, which I bought in 1990 from Bikechain (another cycle shop which is no longer) in Ardleigh Green, Hornchurch. I say bought, I part exchange it for my Ridgeback which I got for cycling to work in 1989 from Rory O`Brien. Paid £368 plus extra`s like for rear rack and mudguards.
I can`t remember how much extra I paid for the Raleigh, but again I had to have a rear rack put on. Do you like those pink toe-straps?
Of course over the years I`ve made some changes, like replacing the Shimano Biopace (non-round) chainrings, with a normal one. Tell you the truth I never really found it any different!
And so here`s the Raleigh today with its new straight handlebars, which I hope will keep me cycling a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment