Sunday 4 July 2021

I`ve been a member of Cycling UK since.......

 1980 when it was called the `Cyclists Touring Club` I joined because that`s what I was interested in and eventually that what I did cycle touring for many happy years! Later I became involved in a local CTC Section and the usually committee duties for 20 years, but no longer with that though I do keep in touch with my old club mates.

Six years ago I became a Senior (over 65) member and last year subs were £35.50, this year no Senior membership instead a new Standard individual  of £48, but what a slap in the face for us older that have kept the CTC going for all these years!

Back in the day the CTC had a bimonthly magazine (they still have one but its rubbish now and goes straight into my recycle box) which was always a good read plus a middle pull-out section about the local Sections around the country. 

I think most cyclists join the CTC or Cycling UK for the Third Party Insurance, but as I said before I joined of my interested in cycle touring! But their Insurance did come in handy after my cycling accident so paying the the new memberships subs of £48 is no problem for me just I do think the CTC sorry old habits Cycling UK have lost the plot over the years!

I`m also a member of the British Cycling because of the club I curranty belong to and my subs are £44.

As for renewal my Cycling UK subs I`m still thinking about!     

No comments:

Post a Comment